Secur has solved a USB solar charger issue: How to charge an iPhone from a solar panel without an intermediary battery pack. Smartphones & androids are fussy, and unless they see a minimum amount of power at the source, they will usually ignore it. The Secur 3W.
We’ve tested this little 3 Watt panel with iPods, battery packs, & even an iPad… it works great. It is underpowered for something as large as an iPad, but in less than full sunlight in mid August on the 50th parallel, an iPad indicates that it is accepting charge.
This is a compact Folding 3 watt Solar Panel with Smart Chip Technology for charging smart phones directly, including iPhones and iPads, without an intermediate battery. Charge any USB digital devices or batteries directly – cell phone, smart phones, tablets, iPods, GPS, cameras, radios, portable batteries.
Designed well, the panel folds down small with velcro to hold it shut, and a pocket with the USB port inside for your device or USB battery. Loops on the corners & sides make it easy to attach to backpacks, tents, bikes, and more.
On cloudy days, a typical solar panel’s charging voltage will vary and some devices such as iPhone and iPad will automatically stop charging. Secur’s built-in smart chip automatically controls the start-up function and keeps you charging all day long.
Secur 3W Features…
- Highest efficiency monocrystalline solar panels
- Smart chip technology to control voltage levels & allow direct charging of any USB device
- Lightweight and durable – no breakable glass covers
- Built-in female USB port
- Durable sun-proof UVB protective material
- Water resistant and built to travel
- Enclosed pocket for digital devices or batteries
Secur 3W Specifications…
- Solar Panel – Monocrystalline – 6.5V/3W
- Built-in smart chip for Apple & android devices
- Maximum USB Output: 5V/460mA
- Folded Size – 17.8 x 12.7cm / 7″ x 5″
- Unfolded Size – 24.1 x 35.5cm / 9.5″ x 14″
- 235g / 8.25 oz