Morningstar’s SunKeeper™ solar controller provides a low cost regulated output directly from the solar module to maximize battery life in small solar power applications.
SunKeeper SK-6 Solar Controller Features…
- Rated to 70°C to operate in high temperatures at the solar module.
- More reliable than controllers mounted inside the junction box.
- Uses very low on-resistance power MOSFET’s.
- No need to re-rate.
- ETL approved for outdoor use without an additional enclosure.
- Rugged IP65, UV resistant case.
- Epoxy encapsulated printed circuit board and watertight connection to the module junction box.
Extensive Electronic Protections
- Fully protected against reverse polarity, short circuit, overcurrent, lightning and transient surges, high temperature and reverse current at night.
Longer Battery Life
- Series PWM with 3 stage charging: bulk, PWM regulation and float.
- Includes temperature compensation at the controller or alternatively at the battery when using optional remote temperature sensor.
- Able to charge a zero voltage battery.
Rated for Hazardous Locations
- Specifically designed for solar power systems in the oil/gas industry.
- Approved for use in Class 1, Division 2, Groups A,B,C,D.
- Bi-color LED is easy to read from the ground when the solar module is pole-mounted.
- Indicates solar charging, regulation, normal nighttime operation and any controller or system faults.
Easy to Install
- Fits standard half inch conduit knockout (PG 13.5, M20) in module junction box.
- Quickly fastens with included locknut.
- Wires have fork connectors for easy connection to solar module terminals
SunKeeper SK-6 Solar Controller Specifications…
|Manufacturer Part Number||SK-6|
|Max Power 12VDC||72.0|
|Weatherproof Rating||IP65 Outdoor|
|System Volatge||12 V|