Ancor Wire Seal Gland. Ancor’s Wire Seals allow you to run wire through a surface using a waterproof, strain-relieving seal. The clamping mechanism works like a compression nut or packing gland. As the outer nut is tightened, a seal on the inside contracts around the wire (or tubing) that runs through it. The Wire Seal inserts into the surface and uses an NPT thread nut on the other side (like conduit nuts).
Wire Seals provide cable entries into panels and junction boxes for a wide range of wire sizes, including round, flat, duplex and triplex wires. They can also be used for propane enclosures (where a tight connection for solenoid wires is critical), for antenna installations and hydraulic hoses.
- Made of nylon 6/6 flame resistant, self extinguishing Buna-N form seal
- All seals exceed NEMA 4 x or 6 specs
- Overlapping clamping spines allow for superior pull-out protection and resistance
- Strain relief fittings are resistant to saltwater, acids, alkalis, alcohol, oils and are non-corrosive for use in the marine environment
- Good underwater to 300 feet /91.4 m (150 PSIG) provided there is a liquid tight seal between body and housing
- Provide low cost cable entries into panels and junction boxes
- Synthetic rubber gasket
- UL 94 v-0 flammability rating
Model 764998 : Seal for Wire OD 0.08-0.24″, 3/8″ NPT, Gauges 18, 16, 14, 12, 10
Other models are available.