The Kestrel 5500 is the world’s most complete weather meter AND the world’s most portable weather station. Lightweight, handheld, multi-function weather meter and data logger with large sunlight-readable graphing display and tripod vane mount option.
Kestrel 5500 Overview…
- Measures wind speed, temperature, humidity, pressure and direction.
- 14 total meteorological parameters measured, calculated and displayed real-time and stored in memory, including advanced meteorological measurements such as dew point temperature, wet bulb temperature and density altitude.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for nighttime use.
- Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth® low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards).
- Ideal for…
- Hazardous Materials Response
- Hiking / Mountaineering
- Military Weather & Environmental Monitoring
- Outdoor Sports
- Sailing & Boating
- Storm Chasing
- Weather Monitoring
This Kestrel meter does it all. The Kestrel 5500 weather meter provides the same trusted accuracy, reliability, and usability as the original Kestrel 4500. Measure every environmental condition plus wind direction, crosswind and headwind/tailwind. Use it golfing, sailing, flying, spraying, shooting and more. Drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand extreme environments without damage, your Kestrel weather meter travels with you anywhere you dare to go. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel meter with you.
The Kestrel 5 Series platform offers a large, high-resolution and contrast display with ease of font readability. It also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens, AA battery operation and optional LiNK iOS and Android wireless connectivity and app support. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel 5500 is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can so it can work or play as hard as you do, wherever you go. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel meter with you.
In addition to measuring the current environmental conditions, the Kestrel 5500 tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data. Your data log can be transferred to a iOS/Android device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and Kestrel LiNK app, or to a Windows/Mac device with either the accessory Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (Both sold separately).
The true versatility of the Kestrel 5500 becomes apparent with the addition of the Kestrel Vane Mount. This precision-engineered accessory securely mounts the Kestrel 5500 to any tripod or other ¼-20 fitted bracket. Once mounted, the Kestrel 5500 becomes a full-featured weather station – with a large wind vane and precision pivot keeping the Kestrel oriented into the wind for continuous measurement and logging of wind speed, wind direction, and all other key weather parameters. The Kestrel LiNK app also displays the Kestrel’s real-time readings on a vivid, customizable dashboard – providing a remote display that functions up to 100’ away. The ENTIRE Kestrel 5500 + Vane Mount kit weighs just 10.5 ounces / 295 grams, and packs into the included padded belt carry pouch that is just 2.5 x 3 x 8.5 inches / 6.5 x 7.5 x 22 cm. Providing hundreds of hours of accurate measurements, the Kestrel 5500 is truly the world’s most compact weather station. The Rotating Vane Mount is included with the 5500 with LiNK, or available for purchase separately. It works with any Kestrel 5 Series meter.
Kestrels have been put to the test in some of the harshest conditions on the planet. U.S. Special Forces, combat weather teams, HazMat crews, wildland firefighters, smoke jumpers, Mt. Everest expeditions and auto pit crews are just a few who rely on a Kestrel to provide them with the crucial environmental data they need. Watch any on-screen meteorologist during a hurricane, and you’re sure to spot a Kestrel in action. Be your own meteorologist, anywhere in the world, with a Kestrel 5500.
Kestrel 5500 Measurements…
Altitude (Barometric) Barometric Pressure Compass Direction Crosswind Density Altitude Dew Point Temperature Headwind/Tailwind Heat Stress Index Relative Humidity Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure) Temperature Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric) Wind Chill Wind Speed/Air Speed
Kestrel 5500 Features…
- Backlight – Switchable White/Red
- Battery Life Indicator
- Data Log Graph View
- Data Logging – Adjustable Interval
- Date & Time
- Digital Compass
- Drop-Tested to MIL-STD-810G
- High Contrast, Sunlight Readable Monochrome LCD Display
- Integrated Flip Open Impeller Cover
- Intuitive Tactile Up/Down/Enter Keypad
- Multilingual Menus (English, French, Spanish, German)
- Minimum/Maximum/Average Reading
- Pressure Sensor
- Relative Humidity Sensor
- Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated)
- Waterproof to IP67 (3’/1M for 30 minutes)
- 5-year warranty
- Assembled in the USA
The Kestrel 5500 Includes…
- Battery – 1 x AA
- Certificate Of Conformity (Spec Sheet)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Kestrel Reliability and Quality is Backed by a 5-Year Warranty
5.0 x 1.8 x 1.1″
12.7 x 4.5 x 2.8 cm
3.6oz / 102g
5 year warranty
Made in the USA