The Kickr II Dynamo portable solar power solution designed for Canadians. Because in Canada, the sun doesn’t always agree with the weather report, and you need communications no matter what. Not getting love from the sun? Fold-out the handle on the battery pack & crank it up! Ideal for satellite phones, GPS receivers, handheld VHF radios, headlamps, small camera batteries, and more.
Why choose the Kickr II Dynamo?
The is perhaps the most reliable personal power kit available anywhere. The Kickr II is a 3 Watt highly sensitive solar panel, storing power in a 22 Watt-Hour lightweight battery pack capable of supporting everything USB. The CIGS solar panel used in this set will ‘turn on’ earlier in the morning & ‘turn off’ later in the afternoon than other types of solar cell, which meanS that you will collect more overall power in low-light, partial shade, light overcast, and high latitude conditions than crystalline cells. After all, it’s not the efficiency of the cells in full sunlight that matters when you never get full sunlight!
Ready To Go…
The Kickr II Dynamo package is ready to use right out of the box…
- Enerplex Kickr II Solar panel
- Coghlans 1560 dynamo battery pack
- MicroUSB & Lightning connector cables
- Plus added extras: mini bungee cords, water-resistant pouch
Fully universal USB supports all USB devices. Including Apple iPhones & iPads.
Want to charge dSLR camera batteries from USB? Use the Ansmann PL Vario.
Total Core Package Weight: 550g
The Kickr II Solar Panel…
- Power: 3.5 Watts Unregulated/3.0 Watt, 5 Volt System Regulated
- Solar Cell Type: CIGS
- Output: 600mA USB Port
- Dimensions: 36.2 x 19 x 1.8cm / 14.25 x 7.5 x 0.71″
- Weight: 275g / 9.7oz
- See full details on the Kickr II page
The Coghlans 1560 Solar Storage Battery…
- Capacity: 6000 mAh (22 Watt-Hours)
- Output: USB (5.2V / 1500mA) – Apple compatible
- Included Cables: MicroUSB, Apple Lightning
- Dimensions: 15 x 5.4 x 4cm / 5.9 x 2.1 x 1.6″
- Weight: 275g / 9.7oz
- Includes a bright LED flashlight
- See full details on the Coghlans 1560 page.
Using the Kickr II Dynamo
NOTE: The battery pack in this kit does not offer pass-through charging, which means that it cannot be charging itself from the solar panel while it is charging another device. Such are the trade-offs in providing power security!
When you plug-in to this battery, you will be accessing stored power, plus anything you crank with the handle.
Charge this dynamo battery from the solar panel during the day, and use the power to charge your devices at night. You can plug in at any time when needed.
Cranking Speed: Crank the handle at a speed of about 2 revolutions per second.
YES! You can also charge many USB devices directly from the solar panel.