The Midnite MNE250STM-240 MNE-240 Series E-Panel enclosure from MidNite Solar provides the basic DC and AC overcurrent protection and disconnects required for a NEC compliant renewable energy system. It is specifically designed to accommodate inverters that provide 120/240VAC in a single unit such as the Magnum MS4024PAE inverter. All pre-wired to make your installation easy!
The MNE-240 Series E-Panel can expand to grow as your needs arise. White powder-coasted steel, with left-hand door hinge. (right-hand hinge available upon request)
The MNE250STM-240 includes the following…
• Powder-coated steel chassis with knockouts to accommodate various install needs.
• Inverter mounts on a unique hinged door to keep a small system foot-print
• E-Panel mounting brackets are included to aid in one person installations
• 250A Inverter battery breaker, inverters cables and snap in grommets included
• 500 amp/50 mV shunt included for battery monitoring systems
• Heavy duty 150 amp bus-bars for AC HOT, NEUTRAL, GROUND, BATT +/- and PV + included
• Dual 50 amp AC input disconnects for generator or utility (prewired)
• Dual 50 amp inverter AC Bypass Switch (prewired)
• Bracket included for mounting optional charge controller (Classic or MX60)
• Mounting hardware for the Inverter, remote control, and charge controller
• One rectangular cut-out for mounting a North American GFCI style AC outlet
• Cut-outs for mounting up to six additional 13mm wide din-rail mount AC and DC breakers (for circuits such as PV, wind, hydro or AC distribution)
• Conforms to UL508A 1st Edition and CSA C22.2 #14-M95 (Industrial Control Panel) 2.0
MNE-250STM-240 E-Panel Features
The MNE-240 Series E-Panel incorporates all the AC and DC wiring bus-bars and disconnects required to connect the Magnum MS-PAE Series inverter/charger system. It also provides additional room to install additional equipment, such as the MidNite Classic Charge controller (with accompanying solar array breakers/disconnects and battery temp sensors), the Magnum Battery Monitor, a PV Ground Fault device, and AC branch breakers (that can be used in lieu of an AC sub-panel to power the inverter’s AC loads). These additional breakers are installed on a supplied Din-rail mounting bracket that has space for up to six 13mm sized AC or DC breakers.
The E-Panel includes a DC Breaker used to disconnect the battery bank from the inverter as required by the National Electric Code (NEC). This breaker is also used as an overcurrent device to protect against extremely high currents that a battery is capable of producing if any short circuits occur. A variety of DC Breaker options are available.
Next to the DC Breaker is a 500 amp/50 mV shunt with a DC negative bus-bar attached. The shunt is provided so that a Battery Monitor, which is used to determine the battery bank’s state of charge, may be easily connected without any rewiring.
The DC negative bus-bar provides a DC negative connection point for any DC loads or PV Panels in the installation. Located on the right side of the E-Panel system is an AC input disconnect and an inverter bypass switch.
The AC disconnect is used to remove the incoming AC power to the inverter input. The inverter bypass switch is provided to easily route the incoming AC power around the inverter and directly to the AC loads in the system – without rewiring or losing power to the AC loads in the system – in case the inverter needs to be removed.