Need an extremely rugged USB battery? The Goal Zero Venture 30 is a USB battery pack made durable enough for the outdoors. With an IPX6 weatherproof rating, and 7800 mAHr capacity, the Venture 30 is ready for your outdoor pursuits. Recharges from any USB source, including any of our USB solar panels.
Goal Zero has always been on the cutting edge of portable power innovation, and the Venture 30 battery pack is no exception. Knowing that you will likely take the Venture 30 to places where it will likely be bumped, dropped, & rained on, the Venture 30 has been designed to take more abuse than the typical battery pack.
With its decent 7800 mAHr capacity, the Venture 30 is able to recharge an iPhone or android smartphone twice, most of a typical tablet’s battery, and a GoPro camera up to 5 times.
- Built-In Micro USB Tip – Tangle-free charging for phones and tablets. Certified cables for efficient charging.
- Solar Ready™ – Built-in Charging Tip. No extra cables to lose. Charge up in 4 hours from USB – in 9 hours of full sun from the Nomad 7.
- Waterproof in Use – Dunk it, spray it, use it in the rain. Power that handles whatever Mother Nature can throw at you. No rubber plugs needed.
- 30 Wh, 7,800mAh Power Pack – Power phones (2-3x), tablets (1x) and more. Lightweight and packable from the airport to the trail.
- High-speed USB 4.8A across dual ports – Two high-speed ports capable of dishing out the fastest charge possible, at the same time. Power two devices at once or share with a buddy. Integrated Flood Charge optimizes your charging time.
- Battery status meter shows you how much power is in your Venture 30.
Goal Zero Venture 30 Specifications…
- Cell Chemistry: Li-ion NMC
- Cell Type: 18650 by LG chem/Samsung
- Cell Capacity: 29Wh (3.7V, 7800mAh)
- Lifecycles: hundreds of cycles
- Shelf-life: Keep plugged in, or charge every 3-6 months
- Fuses: none
- Management system: Charging and low-battery protection built-in
- USB port (output): 5V, up to 2.4A (12W max), regulated
- USB-micro port (input): 5V, up to 2.1A (10.5W max)
- From a 10W USB solar panel: 5-6 Hours (1-2 days of sun)
- From a 2A USB Source: 5 Hours
- Model#: 22008
- Waterproof Rating: IPX6
- Chainable: No
- Weight: 250g / 8.8 oz
- Dimensions: 11.4 x 8.25 x 2.5 cm / 4.5 x 3.25 x 1″
- Operating usage temp.: 0-40 C / -4-140 F
- Certs: CE, FCC, ROHS
- Warranty 12 months
How Do I Use The Venture 30?
Simple. Charge it up by plugging it into any USB port (computer, wall adaptor, USB solar panel, etc). Then use the stored power to charge all your USB devices.
Plug in your USB devices just like you would plug it into any USB port on your computer or wall adaptor.
Do I need to disconnect the Venture 30 from the solar panel before I charge my device from it?
No. The Venture 30 offers pass-through charging. This means you can charge from the Venture 30 while the Venture 30 is charging too. This is an important feature, as you want to be able to capture as much solar energy as possible, and don’t want to pause sunlight collection while you are charging your camera in the middle of the day.
Is it safe for my phone or other USB device?
Yes. The power from the Venture 30 follows USB standards, and your phone or other device will determine how much power to take, and when to stop charging. Exactly the same as charging from any other USB port.
What about charging camera batteries & rechargeable AA & AAA batteries?
The battery charger that came with your camera is meant to plug into a wall, and will not work with the USB output of the Venture 30. BUT, have no fear, there are products that are designed to charge all types of batteries from USB sources. Check the Chargers Department for links to chargers that handle small camera batteries, large dSLR & camcorder batteries, plus AA & AAA NiMh rechargeables.