This 120W Folding Briefcase Solar Panel by Sierra Wave is a convenient solar charging solution for anyone wanting power for their remote cabin, tiny house, small RV, van conversion, on-site special event, or emergency back-up plan. High-efficiency monocrystalline solar cells, packed into a folding briefcase format. Use the built-in 10A solar controller to charge lead-acid batteries, or draw direct from the modules for other storage & electrical systems.
Sierra Wave 120-Watt Solar Panel Features…
- High quality monocrystalline solar cells
- Generates solar energy for high-capacity battery storage devices
- Chainable for 240W total via Anderson connector
- Directly operate electronic equipment (requires voltage match)
- 10A Controller included (SAE connector provided)
- MC4 direct panel output cables provided
- Kickstand and Carry Case included
- Includes both battery claps and 12 volt barrel plug with SAE Connector
- Monocrystalline solar panels have the highest efficiency rates
Since they are made out of the highest-grade silicon, the efficiency rates of mono-crystalline solar panels are typically 18-20%. Sun-power produces the highest efficiency solar panels on the U.S. market today. Their E20 series provide panel conversion efficiencies of up to 20.1%. Update (April, 2013): Sun-power has now released the X-series at a record-breaking efficiency of 21.5%. 
- Monocrystalline silicon solar panels are space-efficient.
Since these solar panels yield the highest power outputs, they also require the least amount of space compared to any other types. Monocrystalline solar panels produce up to four times the amount of electricity per unit area as thin-film solar panels.
- Monocrystalline solar panels live the longest.
Most solar panel manufacturers put a 25-year warranty on their mono-crystalline solar panels. Tend to perform better than similarly rated poly-crystalline solar panels at low-light conditions.
120W Folding Solar Panel Specifications…
Solar Power / Cell Type : 120-Watt monocrystalline
Power Output : 15-18V DC/6.8A max (working), 19-21.5V DC max (no load)
Operating Temperature : 32º – 120ºF / 0-49C
(using in colder temperatures will result in ineffective charging by the charge controller)
Weight : 25 lbs. (11.3 kg)
Unfolded : 52.28” L x 1.377” W x 24.85” H (133 x 3.5 x 63 cm)
Folded : 26.14” L x 2.756“ W x 24.85” H (66.4 x 7 x 63 cm)
Certs : CE, FCC approved
Charge Controller (mounted)
Maximum Input: 20V DC, 10A/180 watts
Operating Temperature: 32º – 120ºF (0-49C)
Over Charge Protection: 14V DC (+0.5V)
Over Discharge Protection: 11.0V DC (±0.3V)
DC Output (load): 10A max
Chain Option : Optional Chainable Connector connects 2 panel sets together for 240W
Accessories (included) : 12V battery alligator clips, 12V CLA female car socket, Carrying bag