The Quick Mount QBox Rooftop J-Box is a flashed junction box with Quick Mount PV patented Elevated Water Seal Technology™, and provides a waterproof pass-through for conduit from the box enclosure to the attic.
UL Approved for the US.
NOT CURRENTLY CSA APPROVED for Canada.
The QBox comes fully equipped with fasteners to install to the roof deck, fittings for through-the-deck conduit attachment and wire nuts to transition or combine up to two (2) strings of conductors.
- 12″x12″ anodized aluminum flashing with patented Elevated Water Seal Technology®
- 5.5″ x 5.75″ enclosure is made of non-conductive material, eliminating need to ground box or its door
- Waterproof pass-through for conduit from QBox enclosure to the attic
- Made from durable and weather resistant polycarbonate
- Drill starter around enclosure ensures perfect hole location for conduit attachment
- Can be used to transition a single string, two parallel strings, or two combined strings
- 5-year limited product warranty
• Maximum Voltage: 600 Volts
• Maximum Current: 40 Amps
• Allowable Number of Strings: 2
• Allowable Wire: 10AWG or 8AWG
» Inputs: 12 AWG or10AWG
» Outputs: 12AWG or 10AWG or 8AWG
• Enclosure Rating: Type 3R
• Roof Slope Range: 2.5:12 – 12:12
• Attic Conduit Pass-Through: ¾” EMT
• Max Side Wall Conduit Size: ¾”
» Box: 14.7 x 13.7 x 6.6cm (5.76″ x 5.4″ x 2.6″)
» Flashing: 30 x 30cm (12 x 12″)
• Ambient Operating Conditions: -35°C – 75°C
• Testing has shown that there is a 25.5°C increase in box temperature over ambient when wind speed is less than 1 mps and solar irradiance in plane of array is 1000 W/m^2. Temperature rise due to irradiance must be considered when calculating ambient operating conditions.
» Wire Nuts: UL 486C, UL486D
» QBox: UL1741