SolarEdge P600 600W DC Power Optimizer for 3-phase commercial systems. The P600 manages two 60-cell modules.
A SolarEdge power optimizer is a DC/DC converter which is connected directly to PV modules. The power optimizer increases energy output from the PV module by constantly tracking the maximum power point (MPPT) of the module individually, thereby maximizing your yield for the entire array, as one shaded, dirty, or damaged module will no longer compromise the entire array string. The MPPT per module also allows for flexible installation design with multiple orientations, tilts and module types in the same string. When integrated with SolarEdge Inverters, power optimizers automatically maintain a fixed string voltage, allowing even greater flexibility with longer strings and strings of different lengths in order to design optimal PV systems.
At the same time, power optimizers monitor the performance of each module and communicate performance data to the SolarEdge monitoring portal for enhanced, cost-effective module-level maintenance.
Rapid shutdown requirements are met, with each power optimizer equipped with the unique SafeDC™ feature which automatically shuts down modules’ DC voltage whenever the inverter or grid power is shut down.
SolarEdge P600 DC Power Optimizer Features…
- Designed for 3-Phase commercial/industrial applications
- Match with solar modules up to 600W (2x 60-cell Modules)
- Module level Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- Superior efficiency (99.5% peak efficiency, up to 98.8% weighted efficiency)
- Mitigates all types of modules mismatch-loss, from manufacturing tolerance to partial shading
- Designed for extreme environmental conditions
- 25 year reliability and warranty
- Advanced, real-time performance measurement
- Automatic module DC voltage shut-down for installer and firefighter safety
- Compatible with both crystalline (c-Si) and thin-film modules
How Does SolarEdge Compare to Standard Grid-Tie Inverter Systems?
Traditional Inverters only offer MPPT optimization for each string of modules – all modules receive the same current, regardless of their individual performance. Therefore, weak modules reduce the performance of all modules in the string or are bypassed. Power losses will also result from module mismatch.
The SolarEdge Solution provides MPPT optimization & monitoring at the module level. Current & voltage are adjusted for maximum power from each module individually. The result is more energy from the sun.
Use a traditional string inverter when you are building specific arrays with set string sizes and completely unobstructed access to the sun.
Use SolarEdge when you might have…
- Modules in shaded areas
- Strings of uneven lengths
- Modules in multiple orientations
- Different roof facets in a single string