Solar power systems in Canada require an increased level of performance. Our higher latitudes & shorter summers demand that solar panels be better at capturing power in low light & partial shade conditions. Sure, we have long summer days, but Algonquin Park sun is less intense than Arizona. We also need an efficient battery to store & deliver the power collected to our equipment. The Trek North 10 is a packable solar power system designed for Canadians.
The Trek North 10 is reliable power for serious trekking in Canada. 10 Watts of highly sensitive solar panel, storing power in a lightweight battery pack capable of supporting everything up to & including laptops. The Powerfilm solar panel used in this set will ‘turn on’ earlier in the morning & ‘turn off’ later in the afternoon than other types of solar cell, which means that you will collect more overall power in low-light, partial shade, light overcast, and high latitude conditions than crystalline cells. After all, it’s not the efficiency of the cells in full sunlight that matters when you never get full sunlight!
This is an ideal system if you are a dSLR camera user, need to operate a laptop, or have a more extensive set of small electronics like iPods, phones, small cameras, GPS, AA/AAA batteries, etc.
The Trek North 10…
This package is ready to use right out of the box. Solar panel, 12V DC CLA socket outlet, battery pack, DC car charger cable, AC wall charger, and a set of common 12V CLA, USB, & laptop connectors (you choose what you need to bring on your trip). We also include a set of mini bungees & weatherproof battery pouch.
Total Core Package Weight: 825g
Be sure to check out our recommended accessories at the bottom of the page.
The Trek North 10 Solar Panel…
- Wattage: 9.2W @ 15.4V (10 Watts peak)
- Type: Amorphous Silicon (made in the USA)
- Manufacturer: Powerfilm Solar
- Mounting: Grommet holes on panel, mini bungee cords provided with kit
– Highest sensitivity, providing the most watt-hours generated per day across all sunlight conditions.
– Folds down very small for easy transport
– Lightweight canvas backing
– Weatherproof gasketed connectors
Folded (closed): 26.1 x 8.9 x 3.5cm (10.3 x 3.5 x 1.4″)
Deployed (open): 52.1 x 58.4 x 0.15cm (20.5 x 23 x 0.06″)
- Weight: 250g (0.56 lbs)
The Trek North 10 Solar Storage Battery…
- USB-C Power Delivery (Up To 45W)
- Hi-Voltage Laptop Port (12V, 16V, 19V Or 24V)
- USB Quick Charge 3.0
- Always On Mode
- Pass-Thru charging (charge devices while the battery also charges!)
- Capacity: 24,000 mAh / 88.8 Watt Hours
- Output: 5V/2A USB, 5V/3A USB-C, and 12V/6A, 16V/5A, 19V/4.5A, 24V 3.5A
- USB QC : 5V/3A, 3.6V-12V, 18W Max.
- USB-C PD : 5V/3A-20V/2.2A (15W-44W)
- Input: 14-25V, 3A (75W)
- Battery Type: Li-Polymer
- Protection: Short Circuit, Over Charge, Over Discharge, Over Current, Over Temperature
- Size and Weight
- 1.5 pounds (702g)
- 21.8cm x 13.7cm x 2.2cm