Did you know that standard crystalline solar panels, like the ones on rooftops, only work well in direct sunlight? That’s right. Plus, if any of the individual cells on the panel is shaded, the entire panel will lose most, if not all, of its power output. This doesn’t sound like the right solution for BC mountains or NW Territories research stations!
Introducing the Trek North 30 solution.
North of the 49th, we get long shadows and short summers where daylight is not always intense. Standard crystalline solar panels, designed with California rooftops in mind, simply will not work. This is why thin film solar panels that perform well in low-light & partial shade conditions are the right choice for Canada. Add an efficient solar storage battery, and you have a reliable solar power solution. The Trek North 30 is designed with these Canadian requirements in mind.
The Trek North 30 is a reliable solar power kit designed for serious trekking in Canada. 30 Watts of highly sensitive solar panel that will produce more total watt-hours per day than any other 30 Watt solar panel on the market. Period.
Power is stored in a lightweight, ultra slim battery pack capable of supporting everything up to & including laptops via USB, 12V, 16V, & 19V settings. No wasteful AC inverter required. What’s more, this battery pack doesn’t consume precious power with fancy displays or overhead circuitry.
This is an ideal system if you are a dSLR camera user, need to operate a laptop, or have a more extensive set of small electronics like iPods, phones, small cameras, GPS, AA/AAA batteries, etc.
Ready To Go…
This package is ready to use right out of the box. 30 Watt solar panel with voltage boost connector cable for the lithium solar storage battery pack form the core of the system. Connect your devices anytime using the included 12V DC socket outlet, 2A USB port, or common USB & laptop connectors.
We’re also including a set of mini bungee cords for strapping the module, and a weatherproof pouch for the battery.
Total Core Package Weight: 1.16Kg
Be sure to check out our universal chargers for charging dSLR cameras, AA/AAA batteries, and more.
The Trek North 30 Solar Panel…
- Power: 1.8A @ 15.4V (30 Watts peak)
- Type: Amorphous Silicon (made in the USA)
- Manufacturer: Powerfilm Solar
- Mounting: Grommet holes on panel, mini bungee cords provided with kit
– Highest sensitivity, providing the most watt-hours generated per day across all sunlight conditions than any other 30W solar panel. Period.
– Folds down very small for easy transport
– Lightweight canvas backing
– Weatherproof gasketed connectors
Folded (closed): 26.7 x 16.5 x 1.5cm (10.5 x 6.5 x 0.6″)
Deployed (open): 105.4 x 77.5 x 0.15cm (41.5 x 30.5 x 0.06″)
- Weight: 590g (1.3 lbs)
The Trek North 30 Solar Storage Battery…
V88 Laptop Battery with USB-C PD
- Capacity: 24,000 mAh / 88.8 Watt Hours
- Output: 5V/2A USB, 5V/3A USB-C, and 12V/6A, 16V/5A, 19V/4.5A, 24V 3.5A
- USB QC : 5V/3A, 3.6V-12V, 18W Max.
- USB-C PD : 5V/3A-20V/2.2A (15W-44W)
- Input: 14-25V, 3A (75W)
- Battery Type: Li-Polymer
- Protection: Short Circuit, Over Charge, Over Discharge, Over Current, Over Temperature
- Size and Weight
- 1.5 pounds (702g)
- 21.8cm x 13.7cm x 2.2cm
- Charge Time
- 2.5-3 hours from included AC charger
- Battery Functions:
- DC Input to charge Voltaic battery
- USB Quick Charge Output
- USB-C PD Output
- DC Output 12-24V