The Discover AES Battery 44-24-2800 is an advanced lithium battery that integrates into solar power systems in a similar fashion to standard FLA batteries. The Discover AES batteries are an excellent choice for applications needing deep cycling on a daily basis as needed for off grid, self-consumption, peak load shaving, and other similar systems. LiFePO4 batteries use the commonly preferred lithium technology for stationary energy storage. It is thermally stable and has high cycle life compared to some other Li-ION technologies. Cycle life is showing over 4,200 cycles at full depth of discharge and counting.
AES batteries have a built in Battery Management System (BMS) that keeps the individual cells balanced and within the correct parameters for longest life. If operating parameters are exceeded for over 2 minutes the battery will be shut down. The BMS monitors cell module voltage; battery voltage; battery current; battery temperature; and battery state of charge. It also keeps a log of this data and can send out fault and warning events. There is an AEBus connection for communications between multiple batteries.
Integration with Inverter Systems…
The AES 42-48-6650 and 44-24-2800 have a Xanbus connection that communicates directly with a Schneider XW+ or SW inverter system. It reports to the Conext SCP or Combox as a battery monitor device. This battery can also be used with most other inverters like OutBack and Magnum and use the Conext SCP or Combox for monitoring, and the Conext AGS for generator control.
The AES 12-48-6650 and 14-24-2800 have Canbus communication instead of the Xanbus for communication to other device networks, or used as a lead acid drop in replacement. Both models also have a USB interface for detailed PC-based monitoring. There is an ON/OFF switch on the battery and an internal backup fuse.
Discover AES 44-24-2800 Features…
- Safe and robust Li chemistry type, strong steel case.
- 1C continuous charge/discharge rate.
- Can be used with 24V nominal inverters and solar chargers.
- The 42-48-6650 and 44-24-2800 connect directly to a Schneider Xanbus network.
- The 42-48-6650 and 44-24-2800 can also be used with other inverters and use the Schneider System Control Panel and Combox for monitoring
- The 12-48-6650 and 14-24-2800 connect to a Canbus network, or used without a network.
- Extensive PC computer monitoring via a USB connection.
- Up to 10 AES batteries can be installed in parallel for up to 66kWh of storage.
- Voltage : 24 V
- Capacity : 110 Ah
- Energy : 2816 Wh
- Max Continuous Current : 110 Ah
- Cell Chemistry : LiFePO4
- Cell Modules : 8S 22P
- Weight : 88 lb (40 kg)
- Dimensions : 329.5 x 347.5 x 276 mm / 13 x 13.7 x 10.8 in
- DOWNLOAD THE FULL SPEC SHEET
Made in Taiwan.