At 530g, the Kayak 6 makes it easy to power your kayak or canoe trip. This package covers all USB devices, and most cameras (via charger cradles), and is well suited to marine exposure. Extra battery storage gets you through bad weather.
If you’re packing light on your trip, and only need to cover smartphone, camera, GPS, and perhaps AAA batteries for radios or headlamps, this is the solar charger to keep everything running. A high-performance minimalist package.
Ready to use right out of the box.
Total Core Package weight: 530g
Be sure to check out our recommended Universal Charger options at the bottom of the page. These will enable this kit to go beyond just USB output, & directly charge your camera battery, AA batteries, and more.
The Kayak 6 Solar Panel…
- Power: 6 Watts
- Type: Monocrystalline
- Manufacturer: Voltaic Systems
- Mounting: Nylon pack straps attached to mounting screws on back of panel
– Highest efficiency, providing the most watts per square inch in direct sunlight.
– Fully encapsulated & waterproof for all-weather use with rigid backing
– No framing to add unnecessary weight
– 3m (10′) Waterproof conection cable
The Kayak 6 Solar Storage Battery…
- Capacity : 12,800mAh, 47 Watt Hours
- USB Output : 5V/2A , 3A max (2 output ports)
- MicroUSB (Input) : 5-6V/2A
- USB-C (Input) : 5V/2A
- Battery Type : Li-Ion
- Protection : Short circuit over charge, over discharge, over temperature, under temperature
- Size and Weight
- 4.5 x 3.1 x 1.0 in. (11.4 x 7.8 x 2.6 cm)
- 9.6 ounces (272 g)
- V50 USB Battery Pack
- USB – MicroUSB Charging Cable
Always On Mode
Battery features updated Always On technology and will not shut off even if your device is drawing low or no power. To stop charging your device, double tap the Power Level Button or disconnect from the battery. To resume charging, tap the Power Level Button once.
- 4 foot Panel straps
- 10 foot waterproof cable (between panel & battery pack)
- Water resistant thermal pouch for added safety when stowing the battery in your baggage
USB Port Adaptor : Every once in a while, some mobile device company makes a product that is extra fussy about the USB ports it uses. The battery in this kit plays nice with Apple iPhones & Androids, but if you have problems with your device recognizing USB ports, use this Smart Adaptor.
Lighting : Want a light source as versatile as you are? Check these out.