Morningstar’s ProStar MPPT 40 solar controller with TrakStar Technology™ is an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems.
Choose from the Standard model or Meter display
Load low voltage disconnect with lighting controls.
Designed for the latest Lead-Acid, Lithium, and NiCd battery types.
ProStar MPPT 40 Key Features and Benefits
- Load and automatic PV-based lighting control
- Charges all battery types including Lithium Ion
- Continuous charging and no damage from PV array oversizing
- Up to 256 days of data logging
- Built-in self diagnostics
- Highly durable polycarbonate case
- Low noise design
- MODBUS communications
- Meter allows charging and temperature control adjustments without a computer
- Download the datasheet here
High Reliability :
conformally coated circuit board and corrosion resistant terminals.
Maximizes Energy Harvest :
using TrakStar MPPT Technology to determine and adjust to the true maximum power point as solar insolation changes throughout the day.
High Efficiency :
at low, medium, and high power levels.
Data Logging :
up to 256 days of detailed power and load data.
Low Noise Design :
meets US Federal Communications Commission Class B specifications.
Automatic PV Based Lighting Control :
field adjustable, multi-event load control enables powerful options for PV lighting systems.
MODBUS Communications :
Solar Industry Standard MODBUS communications protocol allows for easy programming, control, remote data access and charge synchronization.
High Strength :
polycarbonate case and extruded aluminum heatsink.
Self Diagnostics :
continuous monitoring and reporting of any errors through its status LED’s, optional display or communication port.
allows adjustments to charging, lighting, and load control settings without a computer.
ProStar MPPT 40 Specifications…
|Manufacturer Part Number||PS-MPPT-40|
|Max Input Voltage||120 V|
|Max Power 12VDC||550|
|Max Power 24VDC||1100|
|NEMA Rating||NEMA 1 (indoor)|
|Listing Ceritfications||UL1741 CE IEC RoHS|
|Arc Fault Protection||Requires Separate Device|
• Automatic recovery without fuses
• Solar Input: overload, short-circuit, high voltage warning, reverse polarity, high temperature, nighttime reverse current
• Load Output: overload, short-circuit, high temperature, reverse polarity
• Battery: reverse polarity (no battery removal)