Unique no battery drain – Battery standby power consumption is zero! In the dark they use absolutely zero power, ideal for PV systems where efficiency is important. Boaters can leave it connected all winter without draining the batteries. Other controls, which have a standby current draw, will drain the battery over the winter with no solar input, reducing the freeze protection of the battery.
Efficient Design – our latest innovation; automatic nighttime shutdown with an intelligent design results in the controller using < 1/10th the power of the industry average. Other controls stay on all night, wasting precious power. Save up to 10% more power from a 5 Watt module.
Safer – SunSport controls have more built in protection and safety features than any others on the market. They feature automatic over-temperature shutdown, protection from battery removal conditions, over-current, solar and battery reverse polarity, short circuit and over-voltage protection of the inputs and outputs. Eco Energy is the first to combine all of these safety features into one controller. In remote applications, there is no need to worry about accidentally damaging the controllers.
Optional Dual Charging – can charge two separate batteries using only one solar module. Perfect for boats, RVs and other systems with two batteries.
Many innovations in a sleek new design. Going solar with confidence has never been easier.
• Unique – Zero Battery consumption
• Protection (PV & Batt), against short-circuit & reverse polarity, overload, over temperature & battery removal
• Can charge a completely discharged battery
• Extreme design –40° to +85°C (-40° to +185°F)
• Series design (not shunt)
• Reliable – 100% solid state
• No radio interference
• No need to derate
• Fully encapsulated in epoxy potting
• Solid aluminum case
• 5 year warranty
• Manufactured with solar power
• Designed and built in North America
Model: S6 Electrical Specifications
- Voltage configurations 12 volts (custom voltages 6 to 20 volts)
- Max. PV open circuit voltage 30 volts
- Max. Charging current (at 85 °C) 6 amps DC
- Battery consumption zero, 0.0 mA
- Typical solar consumption 8 mA daylight only, 3 mA without LED
- 16 gauge wire leads
- Typical set points: Off: 14.1 Volts On: 13.3 Volts
Features & Options
- Status Lights: 1 LED (charging)
- Regulation method Low frequency On-Off series type.
- Built in blocking diode.
- Custom voltage setpoints
- Custom wire lead lengths
- CSA Class I Div II Certification for Hazardous Locations
Weight: 210 grams
Size (H x W x D):
6.4 x 9.6 x 1.8 cm
(2.5 x 3.75 by .6 inches)
Mounting: wall mountable
–40° to +85°C
-40° to +185°F
Solid aluminum case, completely sealed in epoxy
5 year warranty
Made in Canada