The Classic Shake Mount uses Quick Mount PV’s patented QBlock Elevated Water Seal technology to form the easiest, fastest, most universally code-compliant and watertight mount available for solar panel installation on cedar shake roofs. The oversized 18 x 18-inch flashing accommodates the large exposure of shake roofing. ICC certified (ICC-ESR-2835).
This is the CLEAR FINISH version of this product.
For installing solar concurrently with the construction of a new shake roof, use our QBase Shake & Slate Mount.
Quick Mount Classic Shake Mount Features…
- Patented Elevated Water Seal guarantees a leak-free PV installation
- Stainless steel hardware (included)
- All-aluminum 18″ x 18″ flashing
- Works with all leading racks
- Fast, simple one bolt installation
- No shingle cutting
- Won’t void roof manufacturer’s warranty like basic attachment systems may
- 20-year warranty; 50-year expected life
- Meets or exceeds roofing industry best practices
- ICC-ES certified
- 100% IBC compliant
- Made in USA
Designed to be adaptable, Quick Mount PV’s 18 x 18-inch flashing installs on East Coast style shake roofs (7.5-inch exposure over skip sheeting) and West Coast (10-inch exposure over solid sheeting) alike. The shake roof flashing slides quickly into place with no need to modify the shake to force a fit. Just a simple, watertight seal every time.
Quick Mount PV’s Classic Shake Mounts are constructed of corrosion resistant material, including .050 aluminum flashing and stainless steel hardware, which last at least three times longer than galvanized parts. Our Classic Shake Mounts bolt to any racking system with an L-foot interface.
PV, Solar Water Heating, and More
The Quick Mount PV Classic Shake Mount is the logical choice not only for solar PV installation, but also for rooftop solar water heating systems. In fact, whatever you need to fasten to a shake roof – HVAC equipment, antennas, satellite dishes – use Quick Mount PV to secure and protect every roof installation you put your name on.
Quick Mount Classic Shake Kits Include…
- Aluminum Flashing .05″ thick, 18″ x 18″
- Cast aluminum mounting block (2-1/4″ L x 1-1/4″ W x 1-1/4″ H) bonded to flashing
- Hanger bolt, 5/16″ x 6″(1-1/4″ machine, 1-3/4″ shank, 3″ lag)
- EPDM-bonded stainless steel sealing washer, 3/4″ x 5/16″
- Two stainless steel hex nuts, 5/16″
- EPDM sealing washer with 60 Durometer hardness
- Stainless steel flat washer, 1″ x 5/16″
|Flashing size||18″ x 18″|
|Pullout/shear||2554 lbs. average ultimate pullout (Douglas fir); 2203 lbs. average ultimate shear|
|Tools needed for installation||
|Applicable roof types||Standard wood shake in west coast (10″ exposure over solid sheeting) and east coast (7-1/2″ exposure over skip sheeting) configurations.|
- More about Quick Mount PV’s elevated water seal technology…
Classic Shake Mount Installation video…