A kit designed for rural electrification projects in the developing world. 3 Watts of solar powers a very bright battery-driven LED task light for up to 10 hours per day. When the sun goes down, this package provides the light that supports family life, literacy, & education, while improving safety & indoor air quality.
For too long, people in remote villages have relied on antiquated kerosene lamps, or large, clunky 12V solar power systems to provide the after-dark illumination they need. Now, using state-of-the-art solar & battery equipment, the same functionality can be provided for much less.
- Smaller equipment means lower deployment costs
- Simplified plug-n-play USB parts means fast set-up
- Simple to use & simple to educate
- USB-based means lower costs than 12V solar systems
- USB-based means it is a reduced target for theft as compared to 12V equipment
The LED goose-neck task light provides approx 80 lumens of light for up to 10 hours per day.
Compare this against any other small solar lighting product!
What in the Kit…
3.5W weatherproof solar panel
Solar panel mounting hardware
3m weatherproof solar panel output cable
15 Watt-Hour lithium-polymer battery pack (USB)
80-Lumen LED goose-neck task light
The Rural Light 3 Solar Panel…
Power: 615mA @ 6V (3.69 Watts peak)
Type: Single Crystal
Mounting: Small brackets attach to mounting screws on back of panel
– Highest efficiency, providing the most watts per square inch in direct sunlight.
– Fully encapsulated for all-weather use with rigid backing
– No framing to add unnecessary weight
– 3m (10′) Waterproof conection cable
21×11.3×0.5 cm (8.3×4.4×0.2″)
150 g (5.7 oz)
The Rural Light 3 Solar Storage Battery…
Capacity: 15 Watt-Hours (4,000 mAHr)
Type: Lithium Polymer (LiPo)
Included Connectors: USB Port (1A max), MicroUSB, MiniUSB
Safety: Short circuit, Overcharge, Over-discharge, Over current, Over temperature
Dimensions: 10.2 x 6.5 x 1.6cm (4×2½x½”)
Weight: 126g (4.4oz)