The Soltronix 45W Semi-Flexible Solar Panel provides unmatched performance and system building ease. By incorporating a PowerBoost solar charge controller in the solar panel, your wiring tasks & additional system costs vanish! Just connect the panel to your battery, and you’re harvesting energy from the sun.
Soltronix solar panels are designed and engineered to be the most durable semi-flexible crystalline silicon panels on the market. They are made from high-efficiency SunPower solar cells and paired with a proprietary encapsulation system that ensures the best durability and environmental protection. All modules are tested at the end of the manufacturing process to ensure they exceed the advertised performance.
Better Than Framed Modules…
The Soltronix 45W module is frameless. That’s right… no aluminum structure adding to the cost or weight. This makes the module especially well-suited for direct mounting on roofs & decks.
Metal roof mounting : Consider mounting between your standing-seams by using strong magnets.
Surface-mounted electrical connections – ideal for vehicle rooftops! (Use a sealant/adhesive approved by your vehicle manufacturer).
The encapsulation stack used in the Soltronix panels offers protection from hot, humid environments, icing, water immersion, and saltwater spray. Additionally, the encapsulation stack has been engineered to withstand ½” hail with no degradation in panel performance.
The Best Solar Cells…
Leveraging Powerfilm’s deep 30-year expertise in custom encapsulations, varied substrates, and total electronics, the Soltronix 45 Watt Solar Panel provides unsurpassed efficiency delivering more power to your system. These modules utilize the highest efficiency SunPower crystalline solar cells for maximum performance across a wide range of light levels.
The PowerBoost series of charge controllers incorporate high-efficiency DC-DC converters and a proprietary power point tracking system to optimize the power collected from the solar panel and efficiently charge a battery. This charge controller is specifically designed for use with solar and will not overcharge and reduce the life of the battery, a common problem with off-the-shelf three-stage charge controllers.
How the Soltronix 45W solar panel works
- Place the solar panel in the sun.
- Connect to a 12V battery using the included 15 ft. Extension Cord with O-ring Connectors (RA-11) for charging and power storage.
- Charge additional devices using PowerFilm accessories, or add custom power outlets to your battery system.
What’s in the package
- 45W Solar Panel with integrated PowerBoost charge controller
- 15 ft. Extension Cord with O-ring Connectors
- 12V battery charging
- Applications: Golf cart battery maintenance, snowmobile battery maintenance, SeaDoo battery maintenance, off-grid cabin lighting systems, shed & outbuilding lighting, van & truck conversion power systems (low-profile modules are preferred for rooftop adhesion!)
Soltronix 45W Power Specifications
- Panel output to PowerBoost Integrated Charge Controller
- Nominally 45W
- PowerBoost Integrated Charge Controller Output to Battery
- Charges 12V battery (flooded and AGM)
- Charging voltage 13.8V float, 14.2Vmax
- Charging efficiency 88-91%
- Maximum voltage rating on terminals 16V
- Effective power to battery 40W
- Current to the battery 2.8A – 3.8A (depending on battery voltage)
Additional Charge Controller Specifications
- Reverse polarity
- ESD capability (AEC-Q101): human body model: class H3B: > 8 kV
- Reverse leakage
- 29.6 x 17 x 0.08 (Inches)
- 751.8 x 431.8 x 2 (mm)
- Black fiberglass backing
- 3 (lbs) / 1.4 (kg)
- Temperature Coefficient
- Voltage: -1.8mV/C
- Power: -0.32%/C
- Storage temperature: -40 to 85C
- Operating temperature: -40 to 60C