The Voltaic Amp Solar Charger is one of Voltaic’s personal solar chargers. It has about the 4 times as much solar power and twice the battery power as other solar chargers on the market. Who has 12 hours to charge their phone? What if you have any other devices?
The Voltaic Amp has the power to keep you charged.
Solar Charger Specifications…
- 4 Watts total solar power.
Two 2-Watt Solar Panels generate power in sunlight. They are waterproof, lightweight and built to withstand abuse.
- Solar Charge times:
4-5 hours in the sun will fully charge a typical phone, 1 hour will provide about 3 hours of talk time.
- Universal USB Battery stores power for use anytime and is
specially designed to charge efficiently from solar. When not in the
sun, the battery can be charged using the included USB Power Cable.
- Solar Storage Battery Charge times:
Battery will be fully charged from 7 hours of direct sun, 5.5 hours from USB port on laptop or optional DC or AC
- Solar Storage Battery Capacity:
4,000mAh, 15 Watt hour capacity
- Solar Storage Battery Output:
5 Watts (5V, 1,000mA via USB port)
- Input: 5-6V, 1000 mA
- Connect to Devices via the USB Port
- Bag Specifications
6.5″ x 5.5″ x 1.5″ (16.5cm x 14.5cm x 4cm)
1.1 lbs (480 grams) including battery and solar panels
20 cubic inches (0.3 liters), enough room for Voltaic battery, adapter cable and small phone or camera
- LED Indicator: LED in logo illuminates when light hits the panels
- Interior Pocket: Mesh pocket stores adapters and cables
- Fabric: 600D shell made from recycled PET (soda bottles),which is waterproof, lightweight and UV resistant.
- Warranty: 2 Year warranty on bag or case and panels, 1 year warranty on battery.
The Voltaic Amp will recharge any USB device or smartphone.
Connect any USB charging cable to the Amp’s power storage battery to charge like you would from any other USB source.
There are two ways of handling dSLR camera charging: 1. solar direct via the Amp’s 12V setting to your 12V DC charging cradle (sold separately). 2. You can use a universal USB camera charger like the Ansmann PL Vario.
Here’s how the Amp stacks up against the competition…
Check our ‘Personal Solar Chargers Buying Guide’.