The Voltaic Arc 20W solar charger kit. This is one you want for a few hours of laptop use at the cottage each summer day, plus phones, radios, mp3 players, cameras, and just about anything else USB. Keep it all charged, with elegant simplicity. Panel trickle-charges the battery all day from sunshine, and your devices plug into the battery anytime, day or night, to get charged-up.
Yes, this kit will work in overcast weather too (but not as well).
Compact and powerful, the Arc 20 Watt Solar Charger Kit powers your laptops (including MacBooks with optional adapter), DSLRs, smartphones, and other USB devices. This versatile system easily attaches to your pack and folds up neatly for storage when traveling. Includes Voltaic’s V88 Universal Laptop Battery with USB-C Power Delivery!
What’s Included in the Arc 20W Solar Charger Kit?
Arc 20 Watt Folding Solar Panel + V88 Laptop Battery
- Car Charger Socket – 5.5 x 2.5mm – charges devices that have a car charger
- Standard Laptop Adapters
- Laptop Output Cable – connects to Laptop Adapters
- AC Charger – charges V88 battery from AC
- DC Charger – charges V88 battery from DC (car)
How do I plug my laptop into this kit? I don’t see any 2-prong outlet like at home!
Correct… no 2-prong outlets here. All battery-driven devices, like laptops, cameras, smartphones, etc are all inherently ‘DC’ devices. They may come with a household AC wall charger, but that wall charger just converts your house power to DC for your laptop (or other device). So, this kit simply provides the DC power your laptop wants, as if it was connected to its wall adaptor. 16V or 19V DC. There is even a 24V output option for other gear. Easy!
- Charge multiple devices at the same time!
- V88 solar battery features an ‘always on’ mode if you need to avoid time-outs
- Pass-through charging means that the solar charges through the V88 battery to your device – no need to disconnect!
Voltaic Arc 20W Solar Charger Kit Specifications
Size and Weight
- Solar Panel Open: 33.9 x 10 x 0.1 in (86 x 25.5 x 0.3cm)
- Solar Panel Folded: 7.5 x 10 x 0.8 in (19 x 25.5 x 2 cm)
- Battery: 7.3 x 5 x 0.6 in (18.5 x 12.5 x 1.6 cm)
- 3.25 pounds (1.5 kg) including battery and solar panels
Solar Panel Output
- Monocrystalline cells – 19% efficient
- Open Circuit Voltage: 20.0V
- Peak Voltage: 18V
- Peak Current: 1.1A
- Peak Power: 19.8 Watts
Solar Panel Construction
- ETFE coating
- 2mm substrate
V88 Laptop Battery with USB-C PD
- Capacity: 24,000 mAh / 88.8 Watt Hours
- Output: 5V/2A USB, 5V/3A USB-C, and 12V/6A, 16V/5A, 19V/4.5A, 24V 3.5A
- USB QC : 5V/3A, 3.6V-12V, 18W Max.
- USB-C PD : 5V/3A-20V/2.2A (15W-44W)
- Input: 14-25V, 3A (75W)
- Battery Type: Li-Polymer
- Protection: Short Circuit, Over Charge, Over Discharge, Over Current, Over Temperature
- DC Input to charge Voltaic battery
- USB Quick Charge Output
- USB-C PD Output
- DC Output 12-24V
Who is Voltaic Systems?
Voltaic Systems is a full-service provider of remote charging solutions.
Established in 2004, Voltaic broke into the solar industry by designing the world’s first solar backpack. Since then, they’ve applied their extensive knowledge and experience to provide a complete line of solar panels and battery packs for both consumer and industrial customers.
Modern Outpost has been promoting Voltaic Systems’ products to the Canadian market since 2006.
From powering bednet distribution programs in Nigeria to designing custom power systems for large-scale asset tracking deployments, Voltaic’s customers count on their equipment to keep their devices charged. They choose Voltaic not only for innovative, high-quality products but because of their commitment to understanding project needs.
Voltaic’s mission is to promote sustainable technology through research and design while enabling our customers, big and small, to do more. We believe in quality engineering, collaborative problem solving and creating sustainable solutions that support our customers and the planet.
If you have any questions regarding Voltaic products, or wish to discuss a special solar project, please feel free to contact us.