The S-5-N Metal Roof Attachment Clamp by S-5! is the solar racking attachment tool you need if you have a typical nail strip profile roofing material. The S-5-N (“N” stands for nail strip) is a non-penetrating, standing seam metal roof (SSMR) clamp.
The N fits popular 1″ nail strips, such as: Taylor Metals’ Easy Lock™, ASC Building Products’ Skyline Roofing®, McElroy Metals’ Meridian, New Tech Machinery’s FF100 and roofing types with similar profiles. Many on-site metal roofing fabricators have a similar profile.
For nail strip profiles with 1.5” seam height, see “S-5-N 1.5.”
All clamps undergo rigorous load testing.
Choose the N to mount to nail flange metal roof profiles with a base of rib dimension ≤ .82” (20 mm). Check also the S-5-NH 1.5 for matching to other seam dimensioning, such as NewTech FF150 and VicWest Prestige. Be sure to check out the many other features on the clamp overview page.
- Angled setscrews for easy installation; no special tools required
- Special design for “nail-flange” SSR profiles ≤ 1” (25 mm) in height and with a base of rib dimension < .82” (20 mm)
- Clamp insert facilitates best-fit without damage to panel seam
- Use for heavy-duty applications, such as snow retention
- Two T-30 Torx round-point setscrews (Torx bit tip provided on orders of 30 units or more)
- One M8 bolt included
S-5-N Product Sheets & Install Instructions
See all the S-5! clamp options here.
(Also may be typed as S5N, S5-N, or S-5N)