Crystalline solar panels are great in direct sunlight at the height of summer, but when the sun goes a bit South, and the clouds are frequent, and the latitudes are high, thin film will always outperform. And to store that precious power, we need an efficient battery. The Trek North 20 is designed with these Canadian requirements in mind.
Reliable power in a solar kit designed for serious trekking in Canada. 20 Watts of highly sensitive solar panel, storing power in a lightweight battery pack capable of supporting everything up to & including laptops.
This is an ideal system if you are a dSLR camera user, need to operate a laptop, or have a more extensive set of small electronics like iPods, phones, small cameras, GPS, AA/AAA batteries, etc.
The Trek North 20…
This package is ready to use right out of the box. Solar panel, thin film solar boost cable, 12V DC CLA socket outlet, battery pack, AC wall charger, and a set of common 12V CLA, USB, & laptop connectors (you choose what you need to bring on your trip). We also include a set of mini bungees, and a weatherproof battery pouch.
Total Core Package Weight: 998g
Be sure to check out our recommended accessories at the bottom of the page.
The Trek North 20 Solar Panel…
- Wattage: 1.2A @ 15.4V (20 Watts peak)
- Type: Amorphous Silicon (made in the USA)
- Manufacturer: Powerfilm Solar
- Mounting: Grommet holes on panel, mini bungee cords provided with kit
– Highest sensitivity, providing the most watt-hours generated per day across all sunlight conditions.
– Folds down very small for easy transport
– Lightweight canvas backing
– Weatherproof gasketed connectors
Folded (closed): 26.7 x 16.5 x 1.5cm (10.5 x 6.5 x 0.6″)
Deployed (open): 76.2 x 77.5 x 0.15cm (30 x 30.5 x 0.06″)
- Weight: 430g (0.9 lbs)
The Trek North 20 Solar Storage Battery…
- USB-C Power Delivery (Up To 45W)
- Hi-Voltage Laptop Port (12V, 16V, 19V Or 24V)
- USB Quick Charge 3.0
- Always On Mode
- Pass-Thru charging (charge devices while the battery also charges!)
- Capacity: 24,000 mAh / 88.8 Watt Hours
- Output: 5V/2A USB, 5V/3A USB-C, and 12V/6A, 16V/5A, 19V/4.5A, 24V 3.5A
- USB QC : 5V/3A, 3.6V-12V, 18W Max.
- USB-C PD : 5V/3A-20V/2.2A (15W-44W)
- Input: 14-25V, 3A (75W)
- Battery Type: Li-Polymer
- Protection: Short Circuit, Over Charge, Over Discharge, Over Current, Over Temperature
- Size and Weight
- 1.5 pounds (702g)
- 21.8cm x 13.7cm x 2.2cm