Lightweight, easy to pack, and simple to use. The Voltaic 17W Solar Charger Kit is the preferred solution for people wanting to have power at a remote cabin or campsite for cameras, laptops, phones, radios, and other small electronics. The Voltaic 17W Solar Kit combines a rugged, lightweight and waterproof 17W solar panel with a lightweight 88 Watt-Hour solar storage battery.
The Voltaic 17W Solar Charger Kit Includes…
- 17 Watt 18V Solar Panel
- V88 Battery Pack (88WHr)
- AC, DC & USB-C input options
- Standard laptop connectors
- 2.1A USB port
- 12V CLA output socket
- 4′ Solar panel extension cable
- 4′ Solar panel mounting straps
Applications and Charge times
SLR Cameras can be charged via 12V car charger cradles or universal camera chargers… plug them into the V72 battery pack for the best performance (faster than your AC charger in most cases).
Charging The V88 Battery From Solar
The V88 holds 88Wh of energy, and so will take 7-9 hours of sunlight to fully charge from the 17W panel. Effectively a full day.
Can more 17W panels be added? Yes!
The V88 can handle 60W of input, or as many as 3 of the 17W panels, or use the ARC 20W panel. Use the combiner cable to join modules (best to do the combining at the battery, not at the modules in order to minimize energy loss)
17W Solar Panel Specifications
- Peak Power: 17 W
- Cell Type: Monocrystalline
- Cell Efficiency: 18%
- Open Circuit Voltage: 20.0 V
- Short Circuit Current: 1054 mA
- Peak Voltage*: 17.5 V
- Peak Current*: 958 mA
- Substrate: 3mm Aluminum/Plastic
- Connector: 3.5×1.1 mm plug
- Mount: 8 stainless steel bolts
- Dimensions: 393 x 274 x 6 mm (15.5 x 10.75 x 0.25″)
- Weight: 710 g (25 oz)
*Panel output is computed based on cell manufacturer’s data assuming 0% reduction of cell efficiency after packaging of cell strings. Electrical output tolerance +/- 10%. Under irradiance of 100 mW/cm2, absolute air mass of 1.5, at 25 °C, as per cell manufacturer’s specifications.
Voltaic V88 Battery Specifications
- V88 Laptop Solar Battery with USB-C PD
- Capacity: 24,000 mAh / 88.8 Watt Hours
- Output: 5V/2A USB, 5V/3A USB-C, and 12V/6A, 16V/5A, 19V/4.5A, 24V 3.5A
- USB QC : 5V/3A, 3.6V-12V, 18W Max.
- USB-C PD : 5V/3A-20V/2.2A (15W-44W)
- Input: 14-25V, 3A (75W)
- Battery Type: Li-Polymer
- Protection: Short Circuit, Over Charge, Over Discharge, Over Current, Over Temperature
- Size and Weight
- 1.5 pounds (702g)
- 21.8cm x 13.7cm x 2.2cm
- Charge Time
- 2.5-3 hours from included AC charger
- Battery Functions:
- DC Input to charge Voltaic battery
- USB Quick Charge Output
- USB-C PD Output
- DC Output 12-24V
Included in the battery kit…
- V88 Laptop Solar Battery
- Car Charger Socket – (5.5 x 2.5mm) charges devices that have a car charger
- Standard Laptop Adapters (Optional adapters available for purchase)
- Laptop Output Cable – connects to Laptop Adapters
- AC Charger – charges V88 battery from AC
Who is Voltaic Systems?
Voltaic Systems is a full-service provider of remote charging solutions.
Established in 2004, Voltaic broke into the solar industry by designing the world’s first solar backpack. Since then, they’ve applied their extensive knowledge and experience to provide a complete line of solar panels and battery packs for both consumer and industrial customers.
Modern Outpost has been promoting Voltaic Systems’ products to the Canadian market since 2006.
From powering bednet distribution programs in Nigeria to designing custom power systems for large-scale asset tracking deployments, Voltaic’s customers count on their equipment to keep their devices charged. They choose Voltaic not only for innovative, high-quality products but because of their commitment to understanding project needs.
Voltaic’s mission is to promote sustainable technology through research and design while enabling our customers, big and small, to do more. We believe in quality engineering, collaborative problem solving and creating sustainable solutions that support our customers and the planet.
If you have any questions regarding Voltaic products, or wish to discuss a special solar project, please feel free to contact us.