The Voltaic Arc 20W is a portable solar panel designed to power all your outdoor electronic equipment. There are many solar panels, but only the Arc 20W takes monocrystalline solar cell efficiency to new lightweight levels. The Arc 20 uses a thin, rigid backing for the Arc 20 cells that is much lighter, and thinner than the construction used in other crystalline panels.
Compare it against the Goal Zero Nomad 20…
Voltaic Arc 20W (20 Watts) : 909g
Goal Zero Nomad 20 (20 Watts) : 1100g
A Top-Pick Solar Panel!
SOLAR STORAGE BATTERY OPTIONS FOR THIS SOLAR PANEL
You can charge directly from this panel, but when you need to store power for use anytime, day or night, these battery packs are the way to do it.
Arc 20W Features…
- ETFE coated solar panel is more durable and UV resistant than epoxy or PET coated panels.
- 12V Standard CLA output allows fast charging direct from the solar panel or to any 12V nominal battery pack, including the Voltaic V88, Goal Zero Sherpa 100AC, Sherpa 100PD, Yeti 200X, Yeti 500X, and others.
- Charger packs tight for easy storage and transport
What can you charge with your Arc 20W?…
Charge your smartphone using your car adaptor, GoPro via USB adaptor, tablet via USB adaptor or solar battery pack, and DSLR cameras via 12V charger or solar battery pack.
This versatile folder is coated with ETFE, meaning that it’s stronger and much more UV resistant than the other solar folders on the market – providing you with a fast and consistent charge longer. Keep it folded in your pack while you’re deep in the woods and pull it out just in time to soak up that afternoon sun.
Solar Panel Output
- Peak Current: 19.8 Watts
- Peak Voltage: 18V
- Peak Current: 1.1A
- Open Circuit Voltage: 20.0V
- Monocrystalline cells – 19% efficient
Size and Weight
- Solar Panel Open: 37 x 11 x 0.03 in (94 x 28 x .08 cm)
- Solar Panel Folded: 8 x 11 x 0.75 in (20 x 28 x 1.9 cm)
- 2 pounds (909g)
- Arc 20W Solar Charger
- Car Charger Socket – 3.5 x 1.1mm – connects solar panel directly to devices that can be charged from a car charger.
- Optional – A battery is not included but is recommended
Recommended solar battery capacity: 60-200 Watt-Hours
The Voltaic V88, Goal Zero Sherpa 100AC, Sherpa 100PD, Yeti 200X, and others.
Who is Voltaic Systems?
Voltaic Systems is a full-service provider of remote charging solutions.
Established in 2004, Voltaic broke into the solar industry by designing the world’s first solar backpack. Since then, they’ve applied their extensive knowledge and experience to provide a complete line of solar panels and battery packs for both consumer and industrial customers.
Modern Outpost has been promoting Voltaic Systems’ products to the Canadian market since 2006.
From powering bednet distribution programs in Nigeria to designing custom power systems for large-scale asset tracking deployments, Voltaic’s customers count on their equipment to keep their devices charged. They choose Voltaic not only for innovative, high-quality products but because of their commitment to understanding project needs.
Voltaic’s mission is to promote sustainable technology through research and design while enabling our customers, big and small, to do more. We believe in quality engineering, collaborative problem solving and creating sustainable solutions that support our customers and the planet.
If you have any questions regarding Voltaic products, or wish to discuss a special solar project, please feel free to contact us.