The Nanuk 909 Waterproof Case is an essential accessory for backcountry travel. It is a Pelican-style latched equipment box with handle, modified to easily connect your solar panels to batteries stored safely inside. All using a waterproof seal.
The Nanuk 909 Features
- Solid foam core with removable cubed insert
- Waterproof IP67 rated
- Compatible with the Voltaic V88 Battery Pack, Goal Zero Sherpa 100PD, Sherpa 100AC, and many other battery options – check your battery dimensions vs the Nanuk 909’s interior space.
Nanuk 909 Specifications
Exterior Dimensions : 32.1 x 22.9 x 11.1 cm
Interior Dimensions : 29.1 x 17.8 x 9.3 cm
Weight : 0.98 kg
How To Use This Case…
Connecting to a solar panel
- Remove any adapter from the solar panel cable or extension cable if there is one
- Plug the solar cable into the female plug on the back of the Nanuk case, pushing it all the way in so that both ridges on the solar cable are covered
- Can I Use Other Solar Connectors Than The 3.5mm Barrel Provided?
Yes! Let us know what solar you are using, and what battery you are planning to use in your Nanuk 909, and we’ll make sure you have the correct connectors.
Connecting to the battery on the inside of the case
- Connect the internal cable into the battery
Customizing Foam Insert
- Lay battery on top of full foam insert to plan where it should go
- Use a sharp knife / box-cutter / scissors to remove foam around the edges of the battery so it will fit securely
- Once the edges are cut, use horizontal cuts inside the foam to remove the entire layer foam from the insert
- If battery is positioned on top of the foam (recommended) cut an additional cavity underneath the battery to store your cell phone